General guidance for natural disasters includes:
- DO NOT use matches or lighters, in case of leaking natural gas pipes or nearby fuel tanks.
- Crouch down and cover your head. Interior stairwells are good places to take shelter.
- DO help direct people with special needs to a safe place.
- Stay indoors, do not exit building or use elevators.
- Stay away from all windows and avoid being underneath heavy objects that may fall.
- Remain calm and alert; listen for information and instructions from emergency crews and/or local officials.